2014 Population Growth Program
That Council approve the New Population Growth Program as follows:
- The Allan Population Growth Program is back, a one year opportunity
- When an individual constructs or places a NEW single family dwelling in Allan, they will receive a $5000.00 tax credit, disbursed as follows: Year 1 – $3,000.00 Year 2 – $2,000.00
- Families who purchase or construct a single family dwelling will receive a $500.00 tax credit per dependent child under 18 years of age, to a maximum credit of $2,000.0 per family per lifetime.
- Applies only to first purchase or new construction – new ratepayers include contractors/builders but offer is limited to once per house carry overs by contractors allowed
- The following credit conditions shall apply:
- The credit will be issued from the town as a payment of property taxes and and individuals will receive the credit in the form of a tax receipt, if annual taxes are less than the credit, it shall be applied to the next tax year.
- This program only applies to the purchase of construction of single family dwellings located in the corporate limits of the Town of Allan.
- The maximum tax credit allowed to a family is $7,000.00 over the length of the program.
- Verification of age must be by birth certificate or in the case of adopted children birth certificates and adoption papers.
- Children must reside in the Town of Allan
- Council will approve each credit by resolution before tax credits are issued.
- This program will commence April 15th, 2014, includes all permits for 2014 homes.
- The tax credit is not transferable, if the property is sold.
- Normal taxes shall commence on the possession date for the new owners.
- Council reserves the right to cancel this program at any time.